Thursday, August 14, 2008

#1 says sayanora...

Today was my last day at the website, which means that I’m officially no longer an intern. I just finished packing up my little cubicle at which I’ve spent the past three months. I tore down the Shia Labeouf posters that plastered the walls, packed up my dozens of magazines that I read in my downtime, and said a silent goodbye to the two cubicles next to mine where my intern friends sat. Gosh, I’m going to miss this place.

My last week here, as it was at the magazine, has been relatively uneventful. I spent most of the week putting some finishing touches on my stories that are part of the site’s fall package and tidying up my workspace so it’s all set for the next intern. To thank us for all of our hard-work, the editors threw a pizza party for us interns, where we exchanged personal emails and cell phone numbers with a bunch of the editorial staff. And, as I do everywhere I go, I took a few pictures of the office and stole some company mementos(really just stationary and business cards, I swear!) to add to my summer scrapbook.

As #3 and #4 have said, it’s crazy how fast this summer went by. And as sad as I am to go, I know this just means I’m one step closer to landing that coveted EA spot upon graduation. Granted, this was not my first summer interning so I didn’t have that exhilarating first time experience that #3 had. However, I’m still walking away with knowledge about the industry (not to mention contacts, clips, and a whole lot of makeup!) that I didn’t have before.

For those of you edsters who were devoted readers of this blog, I hope my trials and tribulations as an intern were helpful for you during your own internships. My internships, as you’ve read, were at times hard, fun, scary and exciting,but, pardon my cheesiness,I’m glad I got to share those crazy moments with all of you die-hard Ed fans.

And as much as I loved being an intern, I really hope I’ll never be one again! I’m so ready to make my mark on the industry; I'm itching to (one day) get the job that I’ve wanted since I opened my first issue of YM back in the day.

Good luck to you all, and thanks for reading!

Xoxo Ed’s Intern #1

No comments: