Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's a mad, mad, mad world out there

As the only intern for a 10+ group of magazine editors/staffers, I do it all. From working on specific layouts to getting a staffer a brownie from Starbucks, I seemed to have run the gamut of tasks. I really enjoy it. Not to mention, I'm getting exposed to so many different sides of publishing. If this seems like the industry you want to be in, I must warn you: it's a crazy, frantic, hectic, demanding, scary and insatiable business ... but it's also a beautiful, talented, progressive, inviting and driven business. It's such a mad, mad world. If its what you really want to do, then go for it.

You get such a broad range of exposures so its as if you're working 5 different magazine jobs. It's also amazing because no two days are the same. You're constantly shedding yesterday's shell to move into a new day. It's fantastic.

I suppose I've never really told you guys what my dream job is ... I want to be Creative Director of either GQ or Vanity Fair.

What magazine job are you pursuing?

No comments: